Thursday, February 12, 2009

belle and burger at Thai fresh!

~I recently added my aprons to the wonderful Thai fresh! Sustainable Thai cooking

"Our goal is to provide Austin with the freshest Thai food and ingredients. We will try our best to support local farmers and businesses."



....I was asked by Jam one of the masterminds behind Thai fresh, to put a few aprons in their super fabulous store and I jumped at the chance!



~This place is quite amazing and if you are a local yokel you need to be over there already! Thai fresh pulls out all the stops; They have terrific food that you can just eat and be lazy....... or you can buy specialty groceries and cook your own ...or you can hang around and They will teach you how to cook what they make! Shoot they will teach your kids to cook!....If she can catch them....(did I mention they are so kid friendly that they even have a little play kitchen area! love that)
~A little biography blurb from their site states....
"Bruce has been in the food business scene in Austin for almost 30 years. His experience in restaurant business and Jam's love for cooking has grown into a store that incorporates delicious meals, groceries and cooking classes. Jam and Bruce hope to bring Austin the finest quality Thai food."...Jam the creative genius behind the dishes has a lovely blog, Cooking with Jam, where she shares her insight and talent(you just cannot stop this lil' mama).

~My lady Friend and our beasts grabbed a lunch to take to the park which included, the chicken coconut soup and veggie egg rolls among other delish-ish-ness.
...Both of these recipes can be found on Jam's blog
"This soup has all the flavors in Thai cooking; sweet, salty, sour, spicy and bitter. It is a perfect balance of all the flavors that exist. That is why this is a world renowned soup, it is hard not to love the flavor of Tom Kha."



"These vegetarian egg rolls are not only easy to make, they are delicious. Make a bunch and freeze them for those party nights or a surprise visit from a friend. Fry them or bake them"


~SO anyway! I will keep a few half aprons and full aprons stocked in their store frontThis way, if you cannot get by the Farmers market on Saturdays, you can stop by Thai Fresh, they are open everyday, 11-9.

~This is the apron I made for Jam ...Jam gave me a vintage apron that was too teeny but the fabric was beautiful(that is the navy with birds and flowers and such) It is a hand dyed heavy canvas weight material...stunning. .....I used alot of recycled shirting for this as well (the skirt gingham and the pale green of the pocket and ties)I loved the combination of fabric weights. I just love this apron and can't wait to hear what she thinks.Link
oh yeah,Yay Thai fresh!!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer Perkins said...

First of all it's nice to know I'm not the only person in South Austin up at the ass crack of dawn blogging. Second I have been dying to check out Thai Fresh and now I have extra incentive with your aprons being there. The food looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I seriously need to move to Austin! That place looks like fun and the food looks delicious! Congrats on your aprons too. That's awesome!

Shorty said...

What a beautiful apron! Great job! And, thanks for the link to Jam's site...can't wait to check out her recipes. Hubby and I are always trying out new exotic dishes in our kitchen.

amy is the party said...

Love the apron! Congrats on your hair barrette tutorial in CRAFT! I was excited to see that yesterday!

Jennifer said...

Sweet apron! Love it! I am sure Jam will love it too.

Deb said...

Your aprons rock!! That food looks delicious. If I ever get to Austin, I will have to check it out!

alittlebitofscrap said...

The apron for Jam is simply gorgeous! You've inspired me :) and I love Thai food. If I ever get down that way, I'll have to remember this place for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Will have to check that place out- I love Thai food!!! The aprons look nice....

Anonymous said...

You continue to outdo yourself, Belle! The apron is wonderful! I hope you sell many through the Thai Fresh store front.

textile_fetish said...

This is the place that is in Moxie's old space, right? I met them at the frmer's market and got turned onto the coconut-milk-based soup, like what we always get at Thai Kitchen. I have got to stop by this place. Your pictures and descriptions are killing me.