Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fever

~I officially am super thrilled about spring. Probably because it has been 3 years since we have had spring in central Texas. I Like having a little time to be inspired by all the pretty flowers before they burn up( I am just a teeny bit bitter about last years horrendous heat and the loss of my best starter garden in at least 5 years) . Here are few of my latest renderings of spring .

~These are a couple of thank you cards I sent out a few weeks back with an order. ....They were probably my first flirtation with a spring palette

~These apple embroidered cafe style name tags, are part of the goddess apron series I will post soon.


~Next, I used my recently potted annuals, as a subliminal inspiration for the color scheme in this custom apron. I swear I was inside when I put it together, I did however pot the plants the day before.I was downright giddy the day I put all these scraps together. The small floral pieces featured on the bib and the pockets came from a vintage table cloth that is pretty shredded but absolutely gorgeous ...I would describe the shredded treasure as Very California fifties modern(!?)
~The ticking fabric (seen as at the waist here and used as the backing panel)is really finding itself right at home among all theses colors and patterns. I recently checked out Home Sewn by Kaarri Meng and although I did not do any of the projects, I was fascinated by the images and historical information about french ticking fabrics. This is a lovely book to flip through and just soak in.

~As part of of much much needed wardrobe re-boost I made this t-shirt and skirt. ....I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this sweet knit for the shirt . ....The FOE I use for the edging I got at a usual favorite on-line haunt. She has ALOT of colors right now.


~Speaking of Sewzanne's I got this lovely blue ticking from her as well, I made this skirt for myself. ~This is the first of my basic spring/summer skirt using my old faithful A line with elastic waist pattern;
*one of these+ a Tshirt or tank +flip flops=summer uniform*
.
This is at least the forth revamp of this pattern . ...This skirt is finished at the hem with a contrasting re-purposed fabric, FOE finished waist and one of the apple designs appliqued to the always needed pocket. Nothing says summer freedom like a nice sized pocket on an elastic waist "A" line skirt ..or maybe a fanny pack (hmmmm) could or should I bring that?
~It is so fun and easy to change the entire pattern by simply moving the hemline up and down, slimming or widening the "A"line down the sides or adding a pocket. I have even added a faux button panel down the front of a few. I will be stocking my store with variations in the coming weeks....or It is pretty easy to make a 3 piece pattern off of any skirt you already have and adore. So what are you waiting on????

3 comments:

two vegan boys said...

3 piece pattern? How do I do that? I am so happy we actually have a Spring too. My two little guys are loving it.

belle said...

the back is two pieces seam down the center, and the front is one panel

two vegan boys said...

Thanks! The exhibit was in Sunset Valley at the city hall. They have awesome events there. Free to the public. They have music in the Summer on Sunday evenings.