Thursday, May 17, 2012

new homemade obsession; Granolas


 ~I was just making my third batch in 2 weeks and thought i would share my hybrid granola recipe....its a hybrid from Martha and everything I had in the kitchen. I was super pleased with the molasses addition...luv me some backstrap  so I am always looking for new recipes to include it in!!




ingredients
2 c old fashioned rolled oats
1c shredded coconut
3/4c raw pumpkin seeds
3/4 c walnuts
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c veg oil
1/8 c honey
1/8 c molasses
2 TB ground flax seeds
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1/2 c chopped apricots
1tb  sesame  oil  (unrefined not toasted)

 pro-cess

preheat oven 350
combine oats, nuts, salt,  seeds and coconut in large bowl
whisk oil, honey, and molasses in a separate bowl pour over and toss to coat all your oats.
bake on a rimmed cookie (tossing about 10 min in)sheet til golden and delish..bout 15 min! Let  cool stir in flax seeds, fruit and sesame oil....yummy!




No comments: