Thursday, December 3, 2009

Finding your Muse... a custom skirt

~I made this custom skirt a while back, but waited to share it till the owner could get it. I had a whole post in my head about finding inspiration in your forgotten surroundings, and how a fresh take on something can really bring to life a whole new vision. Then I got busy with some other things and now we are in the midst of a move so here is the abbreviated version.
~I made this skirt for someone who bought the nasturtiums skirt for her dear friend. She wanted something in that vein but different. I had recently pulled out this floral tea towel that I had stashed and was thinking of using in another apron project. ~I loved the panel with the balls of flowers in combination with the stark straight leaves. ~The nasturtiums were all about the crazy foliage... I liked that these leaves here were so simple and straight changing the whole dynamic of the design.
~Well I loved the skirt so much I wanted to keep it but I did not. I am hoping to make myself a variation before summer.
~Oh well this post was a quickie I just wanted to say "HI" before we went offline for a few days. I will see you in a different place.

6 comments:

Lo Christine said...

love this skirt!

Angie said...

I love this skirt!!! But I have a question, how do you get your skirts to look so flattering? I tried a skirt back in the Spring with an elastic waist and it just did not flatter my figure. Your skirts always look so slimming and flattering.

Molly Dee said...

Love it! And I second what Angie said about the flattering. I have just about given up on sewing clothes.

belle said...

the trick is that the when wearing the skirt the elastic will be stretched all the way...you need a tight squeeze over your rump then you know it will fit good. I use an A-line skirt that I alterd slightly (well I have made several variations now) but the first alteration was taking out the zippe and addind elastic, I love using the FOE at the waist and Amy Carol has a terrificly funny FOE tutorial on Angry Chicken.

EdaMommy said...

That is SO cute! ^_^ Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Stockdon said...

Really cute! I'm inspired!