Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dolce's pecan spice tea cookies

~My good friend Dolce gave me this recipe after burger was gobbling them up at her house. They are very lightly sweet and quite tender. Also there is a lot of room for variation; She made them with banana last week and I was thinking pumpkin or sweet potato might make it into a batch of mine eventually. I sprinkled mine with cinnamon sugar but she doesn't; I also upped the spices( adding the spice to the cookie). They are perfect with tea and a great excuse to eat a cookie! I could see adding this to my Christmas cookie repertoire this year for sure. I am thinking a candied pecan would be real nice baked on top!

Dolce's pecan spice tea cookies

Ingredients

1/2 plug of butter room temp
1c ground pecans
1 egg
1/4 c brown sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp all spice
cinnamon /sugar for sprinkles

process
preheat oven 375. cream butter and sugar add vanilla and beaten egg mix/ beat for few minutes. fold in nuts. In separate bowl whisk rest of dry ingredients. Mix dry into wet till blended.Dough will be sticky but not too sticky. roll your cookies about a heaping (teaspoon ) into balls . Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake about 10-12 minutes ... till just nutty sandy brown. So lovely!

3 comments:

Alex said...

Yummm, these sound good! I've been fantasizing about spiced baked goods lately.

Candance said...

I could probably make these because I've been worshipping at the alter of Paula Deen and can make some junk now, but what the hell is a plug of butter?

belle said...

oh candance I love you!! and it is not just because both our mother's mispelt our names! A plug is a stick and paula shoulda told you that!