Friday, May 8, 2009

This weeks garden photos

~Just a quick look at the garden. Things are looking good but I am starting to see a few problems mainly aphids and maybe fungus? ....We got some garden safe fungicide 3. I know it works on the fungus if you catch it in time. I think that is what this is on my bush beans........ do you?

~We are also going to get a little group of lady bugs to take up residence here. Probably stop into eco-wise and pick some up today. And if my tomato flowers keep getting clipped I will pull out the big guns.~ The dill is flowering nicely ...and so is last years basil. I usually try to avoid going to seed this early in my basil but this is not early at all for this plant so I am letting it slide(plus all the basil seed I can get).~ Burger is so gentle with the little plants and here he helps me look for bugs under squash leaves. ~We are growing two types of okra this year(yum yum) the regular green kind(is that what you call them) and red okra these are the latter.~ The zinnia's are sweet even just as foliage ...and not all the bush beans are showing signs of fungus.
I am happy to see the little cukes and the tomatoes fruiting out because last year it got so hot so quickly in central Texas that we got no tomatoes from our 15+ plants. Last years garden was almost completely dedicated to tomatoes. The few cucumbers were bitter from all the heat.And the squash succumbed very quickly to the heat. It was a depressing year for our little garden hearts. But I have faith in this years summer veggies

5 comments:

Shorty said...

Yeah for you guys! So glad to see the tomato looking beautiful... can't wait for mine to get there! All my best to you with getting rid of the fungus. We noticed some of that on our lawn yesterday... so much rain!!!

All of your pics look amazing!

Anonymous said...

The garden looks awesome. The boys Nana's garden is producing yellow squash like crazy. Last year it produced none. And the tomatoes and peppers are finally starting to grow. Yay for awesome gardens. Hope you and Burger have an awesome weekend.

Jennifer said...

Your garden looks super great. I hope we get some produce from our little apartment patch. The heat is so intense here already. I don't know...

Anyways - you might have leaf miners on your beans and not a fungus. I can't quite tell without being there in person...Good luck!

liz said...

great little garden! try spraying the aphids w/ water that has dish soap in it. you might have to spray them a couple of days in a row, but it definitely works.

thanks for your comment on my mothers day purse!

Michele P. said...

lookin good! We haven't even got our garden started yet, probably in a few weeks. I had to put the pic up from last year on my blog to get myself motivated lol! Burger is getting BIG!