Thursday, May 14, 2009

Borrowed Squash Blossom Soup



~I was admiring a friends squash blossoms on FB the other week and mentioned I had a good recipe for Squash Blossom soup. Well I finally retrieved it out of the depths of my recipe box and found it was just scribbled on a yellowed scrap of paper with no info on where it came from. It is pretty simple, and probably a common recipe but I love it so I will share it!

Squash Blossom soup

3 tb butter

1 small onion
1 clove garlic
3 dozen squash flowers
3c chx broth
1 c 1/2 and 1/2

In large pan saute onion and garlic in butter till soft
add blossoms
add broth
bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min
puree the soup( let cool or be very careful)!!!!
return to pan and add 1/2 and 1/2 heat back to a simmer and serve



~I think this is a perfect summer soup, and it is such a pretty soup as well! From the looks of our squash plants I hope to make us some in the next few weeks!!

3 comments:

polishedtwo said...

Sounds so delicious!

Amy said...

Even though I dont cook it does sound delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum. This recipe looks delicious. I will change the broth to vegetable since we are veggie people. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.