~I thrifted this fun book, Mud Works a few weeks ago and we decided to try out one of the recipes when we were all couped up here with the sickies last week.We made some cookie cut out painted dough sculptures for mother's day last week. It was a very fun and easy project for burger. We changed it up a bit by drying them in the oven(step 8). We were in a hurry because one was a gift for Paps's birthday.
salt play dough
1 cup water
1/2 cup flour
1 cup salt
1. mix all ingredients in saucepan
2. add food coloring if desired
3. stir over low heat
4. when thick and rubbery, remove from heat
5. spoon clay onto a floured sheet of wax paper
6. roll out
7.cut out or model
8. cook in 200 degree oven for at least an hour until very hard or air dry over a few days
9. let cool and paint with any acrylic paint
~We poked holes in ours with straws to make hanging sculptures.
I glued one of Burger's to a framed picture of him.
~It was a fun project that we got to return to several times and create layers and teach burger about process and maybe even a little patience...