Friday, February 18, 2011

the rush of spring or a girl and her frock

~so with temps near 80 all week and a lulling warm southerly wind blowing through these parts, a girl must rush to enjoy the her spring. In central Texas springtime can be quite fleeting and this lass's bones are telling her this year's spring will be extra hasty. So I will be at the Market as much as possible before the heat drives me to cool, spring-fed, watering holes and dark, air conditioned caves serving very cold beer. Another lifesaver of my summer is a cool versatile frock. I always start them out in the spring with a light cardigan then slowly I end up in 110°temps and a strappy lawn dress ...maybe flip flops. This weekend at the market I will be previewing several of my spring frocks.
~there is the secretary boat neck dress. I can also shir the waist or it can be belted.
This is a mock wrap that I designed for a bride maid's dress
~ my favorite dress from last summer seen above in front of the pick-up is this strappy number...
this particular one is a little small in chest for me(DANG)......as you might notice. I would say it is better suited for a B-C cup...good thing or I would be keeping it! All of its fabrics are re purposed( bottom sheet) and vintage( bodice vintage beauty).The back of the bodice is shirred along with the waistline.

~this here is a new knit tunic dress that I will have several of this weekend! I try to make these out of the softest knit I can find...love them!
hope to see y'all a the market Saturday

1 comment:

Dylana Suarez said...

All of these dresses are gorgeous!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com