Tuesday, May 18, 2010

we've been slimed....


~Burger loves Ghostbusters, especially The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series; Slimer being his fave of course ( although I believe Peter Venkman is a close second).
~He also has a special place in his heart for all things slimy.
So when we were recently watching an episode of popular mechanics for kids and they revealed two recipes for slime, I quickly jotted them down.
We tried the less toxic(seeming) slime, that involved corn starch and water. Basically you mix the two until you get a slime consistency that pleases your Slimer. We also mixed in green food coloring. Burger was captivated with his non-Newtonian fluid, for the better part of an hour. Clean up was actually super easy( but would have been even easier in the yard(duh). This site has a wealth of great slime information. I think we will try this slime recipe next , or check this out...How to make Nickelodeon style slime! the ingredients are a little more specific so maybe....but outside this time! also, he wants it to be red next time.

2 comments:

Blue Mama said...

LOVE THIS!!! My boys love GB too...I will totally make this!

Lo Christine said...

Looks fun! I think my daughter would love to play with slime:)